"Ever since the times of the Great Kings it has been believed that Ancient Liches are a transitional form of Lich existence, on its way to becoming a Pre-Ancient Lich. The collected works of His Majesty's Counselor contain little beyond this misguided passage: 'Ancient Liches plot their conspiracies, gather armies, and dream of world domination.' As much as I respect the author, it is clear that he has no conception of the purposes of the dark mage's post-mortem existence. Above all, Ancient Liches strive to comprehend the mysteries of the universe and hope above all to become one with the world."
From "Necrarium Tomeus" by Necromaster Barbaross the Deceased.
Elite magic casters. This unit can be created after building a Temple to Krypta ontop of a Holy Ground special node, if you are playing as the undead faction.
- Base Damage: 31,5
- Range: 3
- Area of effect: Target plus surrounding hexes
- Cooldown: 3
- Strength: 105%
- Rejected damage bonuses: None
- "Inflicts Death magic to all units in range"
- Dead: Immune Death Magic. Resistance: -25 Life Magic, Cannot be healed by life magic
- Skeleton: Resistance: +75 Missile
- Unhindered: Passability: Dense, Poor, Hilly, Dense and Hilly
- The Gift of Death: Resistance: +25 Elemental Magic. Immune to Death Magic
Excellent artillery unit with the ability to ignore most terrain and amazing base damage (the only other normally obtainable 3-range units, Archers of Helia and Catapaults, have less than half!) and a fantastic AoE spell. Their only real issue is the very heavy reliance on Death Magic as a damage type. Very good against Dremer if you can keep them out of the direct line of fire.