"Only after passing through dozens of battles do Spearmen of Arethi attain the title of Spearmasters. These hardened veterans have nothing to prove, for they have faced death a hundred times over, and they have killed many dangerous creatures. Nothing can frighten them, neither monsters nor the undead, nor even the cleaning of the barracks, for they are fear incarnate.""
- From "Servants of the Truth", by the High Keeper Teyaran the Rigorous
- Damage: 24
- Bane: Cold of Night
- Area of Effect: target, plus the next hex in line
- Cooldown: 3
- Strength: 100%
- Rejected damage bonuses:
- "Inflicts damage to all enemies in range and decreases their resistance to Elemental and Death Magic."
- Son of Areth: Resistance: +20 Elemental Magic, +20 Death Magic.
- Elven Armor: Resistance: +25 Melee, +30 Missile
- Fiery Attack: Damage: +50% Elemental Magic
- Scout: Sight range: +1
- Enrage: Bonus to attack on weakened units. (Note: Enrage does not stack with Finisher, making Finisher a wasted perk for this unit.)
Overall, a good unit, but if you're playing against the Dremer, it's rather unadvisable. Builds for 4 turns and against those extraardanian invaders, it will resist maybe one. A bit too little hit points combined with melee/elemental damage which the Dremer are highly resistant against will make you sorry for buying it, quickly.
Performs much better against normal opponents. Thanks to Enrage and their terrible HP they're best used to finish off enemies, which makes Chaos Mystery a bit difficult to use.
Since Chaos Mystery rejects damage bonuses, they are added to the regular attack of the unit twice. Add damage bonuses to this unit to strengthen its regular attack a lot. See Damage Calculation Guide for details.