Starting a new game
Difficulty level determines multiplier and handicaps. (in data xml under <difficultyLevels>)
|Enemy damage multiplier|
|Enemy critical hit chance multiplier|
|Unit production time multiplier|
|Building production time multiplier|
|City Unrest handicap|
The Exiled Mode
The main single player campaign. There are static quests with a defined final battle.
The normal game mode in Warlock: Master of the Arcane.
Battle for the Outplanes
Sandbox mode with The Exiled world structure
- Defeat the Great Mages (As the name states; defeat all Rival Mages in the game (you decide yourself how many they should be in the game))
- Defeat an Avatar (Once you reached as bad relations you can with a god an Avatar of said god will spawn somewhere and punish you. It will (most likely) not appear at once. But rest assured that if you have bottom rep with a god, this very powerful creature will appear sooner or later.)
- Cast the Unity Spell - Unavailable in The Exiled Mode (With this option you will be able to research the Unity Spell at some point in the game. Once researched it can be cast (long cast time), and once the cast is complete you win. Beware! Other mages may have counterspell available!)
- Capture Holy Grounds (Throughout the worlds you can find Holy Grounds. Make sure all of these lay inside your boundaries to reach victory!)
- Defeat the United One - Unavailable in Sandbox Mode (In story mode, this is your main goal. Find your way to Ardania and defeat the United One!)
World Type selection is unavailable in The Exiled Mode.
- Great Land: All land with no ocean
- Supercontinent: One large continent with ocean
- Continents: Multiple continents with ocean
- Islands: Many smaller continents with ocean
World Size (called Universe Size in The Exiled Mode)
Map Type selection is unavailable in The Exiled Mode.
- Flat world: the map does not wrap at the western/eastern edges
- Cylindrical world: the map wraps at the western/eastern edges
Rival Great Mages
Number of rival great mages is dependent upon World Size selection.
Additional worlds selection is unavailable in The Exiled Mode.
Number of Underworlds (other planes similar to Shard worlds) is dependent upon World Size selection.
A pre-defined Great Mage may be selected here, or you may design your own with the Customize button under the portrait. Customize will let you choose your Race, Perks, Spells, and Color scheme, and to pick from any of the existing pre-defined portraits.
See also: Great Mage Perks (Warlock 2)