"The Lich King's idea to resurrect Maiden Paladins of Dauros, slain during the Rebellion of Lunord, was initially considered quite an extravagance, to say the least. Furthermore, the King's plan to raise them 'in conscientia' met with strenuous objection from his political opponents. Incidentally, it was these very same opponents who were the first to fall under the swords of the recently converted Paladins, who never forgot whose betrayal it was that resulted in their death and oblivion. It has since become quite clear that the King's scheme was a master stroke. He now has at his command ferocious and devoted warriors, who will stop at nothing to avenge their death." - From "Necrarium Tomeus" by Necromaster Barbaross the Deceased.
Elite fighters. The Paladins of Death can be created by first building the Temple to Dauros in an Undead city.
- Excellent Armor: Resistance: +60 Melee, +80 Missile.
- Dead: Immune to Death Magic. Resistance -25 Life Magic. Cannot be healed by life magic.
- Holy Protection: Immune to Life Magic
- Black Hatred: Hates: Paladins (+50% Damage)
- Paladin: Damage +50% Life Magic
- The Gift of Order: Resistance: +35 Spirit Magic & +15 Death Magic. Cannot dispel any blessing/curse.
One of the strongest defensive units in the game, and one of the few that can resist Spirit damage. On top of that their immunity to Life magic makes up for one of the largest weaknesses of Undead armies, and makes them one of the best front line troops for Elder Vampires. An excellent unit against other undead as well.