Shard Worlds in Warlock 2: The Exiled are somewhat like Underworlds in Warlock: Master of the Arcane.
In the "Exiled" Game Mode of Warlock 2: The Exiled, you must journey through shard worlds to find your way back to Ardania and defeat the 4 Lieutenant Great Mages who the United One has subjugated.
The World Size option during game creation with Exiled Mode turned on will provide a number of shards based on world size in addition to 2 worlds always present.
- 7 shards + Ainadra + Ardania
- 1 - 2 Enemy Great Mages
- 10 shards + Ainadra + Ardania
- 1 - 3 Enemy Great Mages
- 13 shards + Ainadra + Ardania
- 1 - 4 Enemy Great Mages
- Extra Large:
- 17 shards + Ainadra + Ardania
- 1 - 5 Enemy Great Mages
The Shard Worlds, like Underworlds, each have a "type" or theme.
Starting worlds typically will have iron, pumpkins, donkeys.
- Outland: Forests and Grassland with few mountains and hills and water. Iron, Pumpkins, Donkeys, magic herbs, possible. Wolves and bears.
- Autumn world: Withering forests and plains. Iron, Pumkins and Pigs found here
- Desert World: Desert shard may contain a unique 3-tile building that may spawn a strong hostile creature. (Sahmet's Palace)
- Ice World: Snow, frozen forests, with some hills and mountains and water. Iron, Gold, Silver, Donkeys, Dwarven Settlement, Elven Village possible. Snow Maidens, Polar Wolves, Polar Giants, etc.
- Tropical World: Jungles and rivers with more water. Magic Herbs, Amber possible. Many Sea creatures.
- Dead World: Undead themed world with Shadows of Vendral, Skeletons, etc. Likely to have the Barrow resource.
- Lava World: Hellish volcano and lava world with many elementals, imps, demons. Infernal Rifts, Sulfur resources likely.
- Shadow World: Looks like a lunar surface, with many shadow creatures with spirit attacks.
- Elemental Plains: Crystalline world
- Elven World: Covered in Lands of Life, contains Magic Herbs and Elven Village resources.
- Dremer World: Contaimnated land. No neutral towns or lairs, replaced with Dremer castles and units. Contains Gold and Ancient Ruins resources.
- Mirror World: Unigue shard which placed right before Ardenia. always named "Ainadra".