Terramorphing is a feature added in 1.4 patch. It allows player to alter landscapes via special spells. In good hands these spells are very powerful tools that can solve many economical and tactical problems.
AoE for all terramorphing spells is "target plus surrounding hexes".
|Make Barren land||Barren||50||0.4||No|
|Raise the Land||Height +1||20||0.8||No|
|Greater Land Raising||Height +1||55||1||Yes|
|Lower the Land||Height -1||90||2||Yes|
Height +3 at the epicenter
|Clean the Land||Original||40||0.5||No|
- All divine spells require 25 reputation with corresponding God
- All divine spells are AoE
|Krypta||Lands of Death||Death||60||0.8|
|Lunord||Lunar Tide|| Height -3|
(any to water)
|Agrela||Lands of Life||Life||50||1|
|Dauros||Lands of Order||Icy||80||2|
There are 4 height levels in the game:
- 0 - Water
- 1 - Plains
- 2 - Hills
- 3 - Mountains
Player has access to 5 height-changing spells: "Raise the Land", "Greater Land Raising", "Lower the Land", "Lunar Tide" and "Volcano".
Pay attention that:
- You cannot lower the land to Water under buildings, same for raising the land to Mountains.
- You can lower the land to Water under unit (he does not drown however).
- You can destroy a local resource by lowering the land to Water or raising the land to Mountains. This works with all resources except Holy Grounds.
- If you restore (for example with a "Clean the Land") a land that was previously raised it will be again drowned. This even destroys Dremer Gates on the tile (but not Dremer units).
When the game starts, it saves the state of all landscapes. Both type and height. There are 2 spells in the game that revert landscape to this state: "Clean the Land" and "Restore Ardania". You can also do a trick: lower the land to Water and then raise it back to Plains, resulting landscape type will be original.
So, it does not matter how many terramorphing actions you've performed on some landscape, you can always restore it's original state. You cannot restore destroyed resources, be careful.